Outreach offers you a number of ways to get involved with helping others this season
As John Wesley UMC returns to three Sunday morning services, other activities are being planned to spread the love at Christmas beyond our church doors. The Advent Mission Project will take place on Saturday, December 19th from 9-12 at John Wesley and St. Marks United Methodist Church.
There are a variety of activities to choose from to help spread Jesus’ Love throughout the Charleston community during this wonderful time of year. Some events will require that you sign up to ensure social distancing and safety. Links for signups are included. Here is the link for all projects but you will need to sign up individually for each one. Sign up to participate here.
- Saturday Servants– pack sack lunches in the LMR at John Wesley and help deliver them to the Blessing Boxes in and around West Ashley. Outreach will provide all the items for the sack lunches. Sign up to participate here.
- Blessing Bag- fill bags with ready to eat food, hygiene products, and winter items to be used in Blessing Boxes in January and February. Outreach will provide all the items for the sack. Sign up to participate here.
- Christmas Dinner for Blessing Boxes– come pick up a gift card and the address of a Blessing Box to deliver a non-perishable Christmas dinner to an assigned Blessing Box a couple days leading up to Christmas. Outreach will provide the gift card for the dinner and assign you a Blessing Box. Sign up to participate here.
- Cookies for Shut-ins–drop off store bought Christmas cookies on Friday, December 18th at John Wesley or help deliver cookie tins to the shut-ins from John Wesley and St. Marks on Saturday, December 19th. Sign up to participate here.
- Stockings for 180 Place, Star Gospel, and The Ronald McDonald House– fill a stocking with snacks, socks, hygiene products, and puzzle books (crossword, word search etc…) to be delivered to the residents at 180 Place, Star Gospel, and The Ronald McDonald House. Filled stocking can be dropped off to John Wesley UMC on Friday, December 18th or Saturday, December 19th. Sign up to participate here.
- Shoebox for Jesus Birthday Party – This mission is for the kids! Fill and wrap a plastic shoe box (wrap the lid separately) with toys, hygiene products, kid socks, and non-perishables. We will collect the boxes at John Wesley on December 18th or 19th from 9 to 12. They will be sent to Jesus’ Birthday Party at Johnson Hagood Stadium at The Citadel on December 25th. If you need more information, please visit: birthdayparty4Jesus.com (Mission: Without Walls Ministry). Sign up to participate here.
- Present Wrapping for Jesus Birthday Party– wrap presents at St. Marks for Jesus Birthday Party beginning at 10. Please bring scissors, tape, wrapping paper, and shoe boxes. Sign up to participate here.
- Bicycle Donation for Jesus Birthday Party– drop off new and used bicycles to be donated to children and adults at Jesus Birthday Party. Donations can be dropped off St. Marks United Methodist Church from 10 to 12 on Saturday, December 19th
If you want more information about any of these activities, please call the church office (843.766-5596).