Following CDC Guidelines means there is a limit of 125 in the sanctuary.
Because of social distancing, we are asking people to sign up if they plan to attend in-person worship in the sanctuary
Sign up if you plan to attend on September 27th – Click here
For those who prefer to worship online, the services will also be carried on YouTube beginning at 10 m.
As we started back with in-person worship earlier in the summer, Pastors Ken Timmerman and Steve Gaither sent the following letter to the congregation outlining steps being taken to safeguard those who want to return to worship in the sanctuary.
July 8, 2020
The Renewal Team has come up with a plan to have in-person worship on July 19. In order to do this safely and in accordance with CDC/SCDHEC recommendations, there are certain procedures and protocols which will be followed.
We will practice social distancing. The worship service will be confined to the sanctuary which will have a limit of 75 people for the time being. If you plan to attend, you need to sign up on Sign-up Genius or call the church office (843.766.5596).
All surfaces in the areas designated for worship will be cleaned and disinfected.
For worship service, we will have additional guidelines in place. These guidelines are outlined below. We will need all of you to cooperate in these matters. Remember, this is just the initial phase of reopening and things may be modified as we learn more as to how this will work for our congregation going forward.
- The two main doors in the back of the sanctuary will be open at 9:30am. Please practice social distancing and maintain the proper distance (6 feet) between seats. Please sit where the bulletins are located on the pews. (Exceptions for married couples and families).
- Every other pew will be closed to help maintain proper social distancing.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up or ushers will have sanitizer available.
- Masks will be required. Please bring one if you have your own because our supply is limited. However, we will have some masks available for those of you who do not have your own.
- There will be no formal time of passing the peace at the end of the service. We will ask that you immediately exit following the service time.
- There will be no choir, or congregational singing.
- There will be no unison prayers or acts of worship. The worship leader/pastor will lead in those functions.
- The service will be shortened to decrease our exposure to others.
- Bulletins will be distributed on the pews ahead of time.
- Offering plates will be placed at the entrances and you may place your offering in the plate either when you come in or go out. The plates will not be passed.
- If you are sick or have been running a fever in the past few days, we ask that you please stay home.
- If you have been around or in contact with anyone who has been tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home.
- -You may still feel uncomfortable in returning to in-person worship right now. That’s okay. We will still have livestreaming of the service available for those of you who cannot attend. Please feel free to stay home.
If you have special needs, prayer requests, or require additional information, please contact the church office.
In Christ’s Service,
Pastors Ken and Stephen.