“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” — Acts 20:35
A new Blessing Box has been installed on the north side of John Wesley facing Moore Drive. The concept of the box is simple: Leave something to share with others; take something if you need it.
The idea of the Blessing Box came from the Outreach Committee as a way to give people individual ways to share their blessings.
Blessing boxes are located near many churches and at other sites throughout the Lowcountry. Items typically left include non-perishable food, toiletries, other hygiene items and even school supplies.
To find a Blessing Box near you, check out this map
Blessing boxes in West Ashley are at the following locations:
– 1551 Mulberry St (**The •FREE FRIDGE• is at the PINK House**)
— There’s also a Blessing Box across the street from the Pink House at the James Chapel AME Church
– 1601 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. (Grace UMC)
– 1157 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. (Westminster Presbyterian Church)
– 1862 Sandcroft Drive
– 1293 Orange Grove Rd (First Christian Church)
– 1336 Fifth Avenue, West Ashley (Emanuel AME Church)
– 2014 Bees Ferry Rd (Grace on the Ashley)
– 2330 S. Lander Rd.
– 1900 Old Parsonage Road (St Timothy’s Anglican Church)
– 516 Arlington Drive
– 1108 Wappo Rd. (Graham A.M.E. Church)
– 1102 Northbridge Dr. (at Somerset Circle)
– 413 Geddes Ave. (St Mark’s UMC)
– 928 Savage Rd.
– 3075 Bees Ferry Road (Holy Spirit Evangelical Lutheran Church)
– 1379 Ashley River Rd. (Charleston Democrats HQ)
– 626 Savannah Highway (John Wesley United Methodist Church)