The calendar of activities for children and youth at John Wesley is full this season as the young people meet to share the joy and blessings of the season. Below are some of the events that have been developed by our children’s and youth ministries.
- Dec. 13-14 – Confirmation Retreat: The Confirmation Class will gather together at St. Mark’s UMC on Friday night and at John Wesley on Saturday. Youth are encouraged to wear comfortable clothes for the whole weekend and also closed toe shoes for some of the events.
- Dec. 21 – Youth Country Christmas Party: The middle and high school youth will get together at the Alexander Farm for their annual Christmas party including fellowship, dinner and a game of Kickball. This year’s outfit contest will be for the best Hawaiian Christmas so wear those Christmas Hawaiian shirts and some grass skirts. Each family is asked to bring a dessert or appetizer to share.
- Dec. 4 – Deck the Halls of the Carter May Home: Kids’ Council will return to the Carter May Home to decorate trees and sing carols.
- Dec. 18 – Rehearsal for Christmas Eve service from 6-7 in the sanctuary
- Dec. 24 – Children’s Choir Christmas Eve Service. The title of the pageant is Come to the Manger. The Children’s Choirs will lead worship at the 4 o’clock Christmas Eve service.
The children’s choir will sing each Sunday during Advent at both the 8:30 and 11:00 services.